My favorite oatmeal cookies (pudding-based), with crunchy edges and chewy interiors, punched up “healthful” additions, if you will!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Pudding Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant pudding mix (vanilla)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional — I like lots of vanilla)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (5.7 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 1/2 cups oats, quick or old fashioned (I used old fashioned)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add both sugars and beat until creamy. Beat in the pudding and vanilla (if using), then add the eggs and beat just until blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture until blended. Stir in the oats.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up dough and roll into balls. Arrange the balls about 2 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets. Press tops down slightly.
- Bake one sheet at a time on center rack for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are nicely browned. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.