These bakery-style muffins are so unassuming, but they are decadent and moist with little guilt. We are lucky to have a bounty of zucchini still, but I would consider buying zucs just to bake a batch.
Whole Wheat Berry Dark Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar (I used 1/2)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup milk (reduced fat is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini (I like to squeeze a bit of the excess liquid)
1 cups fresh berries
1/2-1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mufins tins.
- In a medium bowl combine the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, egg, olive oil, milk, and vanilla. Stir in the zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the berries and chocolate.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.