A bright, summery preparation for chops. The “raw” sauce at the end provides a particularly earthy, refreshing finish. For garlic lovers, I’d throw in a clove of finely minced garlic into the raw sauce as well. For Rice Kernel, though, not so much.
Citrus Pork Chops
3/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh oregano leaves (or cilantro)
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup canola oil
4 (8-ounce) pork chops,
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 (1/4-inch) thick slices Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 cup olive oil (or a citrus olive oil)
- Heat the grill to high, if using, or place a saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, 3 tablespoons oregano, the garlic, cumin, and canola oil in a large baking dish. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the chops over and continue 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Whisk the remaining orange and lime juices, oregano, and the cilantro with the olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Spoon over the chops and serve.