This unpretentious cake has a slight tang and a moist, almost custard-like texture. It is so addictive. We’ve baked four in the past week. I swear we didn’t eat them all…. just most of them.
Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cake
1/2 cup butter or oil, at room temperature (I get away with 1/3 cup canola, but we are used to less greasy cakes)
3/4 cup sugar (I cut to 1/2)
1 1/4 cups yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the yogurt and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the two flours, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the yogurt mixture and stir to mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. (I used a 9″ round.)
- Bake 30-35 minutes.