So good. So, so good. We devoured half a dozen (warm from the oven) in minutes. Thinking I’d thwart additional damage, I decided to freeze the rest. You know, enjoy them slowly. That didn’t happen. They were still so, so good frozen.
Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup gramulated sugar
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup all-purpose or white whole wheat flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped marshmallows
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
Pinch of cinnamon
- Start by creaming the soft butter and the sugars with a hand mixer. Once the sugars and butters are blended nice and smooth, mix in the vanilla, dash of cinnamon and salt, and the egg, too.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add baking soda and flour 1/2 cup at a time until the flour has been worked in.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and the chopped marshmallows. Dicing up marshmallows gets a bit sticky, but it’s worth it.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on a parchment-lined sheet pan and place in oven.
- Bake for 10-12. Marshmallows will be gooey and slighty toasted.
- Let cookies rest on the sheet pan before moving to ensure they are set.